Tuesday, March 28

Footprints in the Sand
- author unknown

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you."

Note: Though I don't believe that God appears in the form of a man, etc. Still I find this to be one of my favourites because of the moral it reflects.

5 comments:

Dipu Nobody said...

nice story ..

but i heard from many, i read in many, and i also told many men this story many times before .. :P

aragorn said...

yup dipu.. i can remember vicky told me this story... but it is a very inspiring story indeed... i liked it much... thanx shakia for telling it again. :)

Shakia said...

Well good that you heared it before, wouldn't mind a recap!!! :-P

Unknown said...

I've read it many times before but this one's a bit different. For the first time this story didn't tell me to forward this. :P

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am really delighted to discover this. great job!