Wednesday, April 5

Writing...

As a kid I always wanted to be a writer, or at least write a book... I actually wrote one, which I remember not going any further then chapter 4. But unlike to that book which was typical Kitty books, I've thought about serious writing. But somehow, I always get stuck... Anyway after reading Tareq Bhai's posts on Blookers, so I've thought about writing a Blook myself.
I didn't know how to start, so I started with the layout, then thanks to Timur, who helped me with the name. And today I managed to write the Prologue. So readers, here is my Mayaboti.

[Edit 23:28 /]

Besides reading all the tragedy that the news have to come with every day, there are always these silly and ironical articles you tend find when you look closely. Well here are some I found in today’s, Wednesday 5th April 2006, issues of Metro Stockholm and Stockholm City. As both are published in Swedish, I’ll try to come with similar sites on English.

Straw forces Rice to sleep on floor!
Apparently Jack Straw Britain’s foreign minister lets the “sweet” Condoleezza Rice to sleep on the floor of the luxury cabin of Air Force Two. Now the British media taunts the minister for his not so gentleman like behaviour. My own opinion to this; if Rice offered the bed, then it’s she to blame! And the West complains about the equality between the sexes, well girls it’s time to be a gentleman for once! And the media should write about better things than about who slept where…

Couldn’t find a link to this, so guess you’ve to rely on my words.

KTH is building paper houses to the catastrophe victims.
The Royal Technical University, KTH along with Design Force are developing and producing ultra light houses of recycled paper for the catastrophe victims, comparing to the 300 kg tents that the victims gets, this paper house weights about 170 kg. They’ve already opened a discussion with the Swedish Rescue Service Agency. Reading this makes me proud of being a Swede, but throughout the whole article they never mentioned what happens during rain and Asia is full of Monsoon. Anyway good luck, KTH!

Bored of your old soul, interested in a new one? Apparently you can buy one over the net!
A man in his late 20’s is selling his soul on Taobao, China’s top online auction site. Already attracted over 50 soul-searching buyers!! My only question is how will they get hold of his soul?

Donkeys better than wives!
Quoting The Times of India " "A donkey is like a housewife ... In fact, the donkey is a shade better, for while the housewife may sometimes complain and walk off to her parents' home, you'll never catch the donkey being disloyal to his master," the newspaper reported, quoting a Hindi-language primer meant for 14-year-olds."
I find this article hilarious, more hilarious that the book has been approved by the state Rajasthan's Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party government though protests from the female members.
As Muslim feminist myself, I should be a bit annoyed with such an article. But I seriously enjoyed reading this, on the positive aspects we didn’t get compared to dogs! And then again, not against females alone, but isn’t it an insult for the donkey to get compared to humans? Or any animals to say, what are more stupid and more cruel than the human race?

[/End Edit]

3 comments:

aragorn said...

shakia... hope for the best... i hope publishers will be intersted to publish ur blog and turn it to a successful blook...:)

aragorn said...

im really interested to buy a new soul... the news is interesting...

i prefer wives than donkeys...;) u cant have children with a donkey... can u... :P

Shakia said...

I don't even want to think about it... :-s