Friday, May 26

Seeing Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code..

Just came back from the movies, saw Da Vinci Code. Well while reading the book, I was in such a thrill. Couldn't get my eyes from the book, so you can imagine how anxious I was for the movie to come out. Anyway now after seeing the movie, I wish I didn't see it all. Or atleast I'd seen the movie before I read the book.

Yes, like always books are better than movies and so was this one. I couldn't enjoy the movie as much as I did the book, though it was well made and the actors did a good job. But like always you expect somekind of satisfying feeling in the end, which I didn't disappointedly get. The pace in the movie was not as upbeat as the book. I guess while reading the book we place ourselves in a world that is more surreal and magical than the movie did.

Anyway a tip from me is to watch the movie before you read the book. You'll appreciate the movie more and obviously the book will be a thrill ride.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Already read the book but not yet have seen the movie :P
In my case the casting that I did while reading books never matched with the director's who made the movie. :P
And probably that's why I always find the book more interesting. And obviously the book is always more detail than the movie.

aragorn said...

read the book and cant wait to see the movie... but its not always true, that books are better than movies. if u have read the Lord of the Rings and watch the movie, certainly u will agree with me. im sayin the book is good, but with loads of details that will make u tired and keep up the interest in the events...

Anonymous said...

i have had such a great time reading the book ... just like you guys did... but added to that what my frnds' attemt to spoil the story ... so it was more enjoyable... i had to practically go into hiding :P

i don't think you should watch the movie before reading the book because then the suspense is gone

i wanted to watch da vinci code... but then i was too lazy... cuz i already know the movie couldn't give me anything more than disappointment

Aftab Iqbal said...

Reading Dan Brown's Angels and demons......totally awesome .....a must read....b/w how are u? what's up in life?

Unknown said...

i already decided to not watch the movie, unless i am somehow stuck with it at a sticky kind of moment... but yeah, the book was great till the middle for me, after that the ride was pretty boring for me anyway. read anything great recently?

Book to Movie disappointment for me is 'The Bourne Identity'.